Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Dahl Mountain Culture Photography Exhibit {featuring Two of My Photographs!}

I'm eager to share with you about the upcoming Mountain Culture Photography Contest Exhibit to be featured at the Dahl Arts Center in Rapid City, SD. 

I stumbled upon information about this contest back in January, attended the artist prep session and submitted three of my photos. Of the 200+ entries received, only 36 were selected and two of them are mine! (See below)

I'm so excited to have my work hung in a gallery! I enjoy walking through the Dahl and viewing the exhibits. Now to be part of one of those exhibits I feel like I've accomplished something great!

If you are in the Rapid City area April 1- May 7, you can see my pieces on display in the Inez & Milton Shaver Gallery and Lobby Gallery, as part of the Dahl Mountain Culture Festival. 

There will also be an Artist Reception on Friday, April 1, from 5-7 pm.

To see all of the artists to be featured in the exhibit, click here.



 'Mountain Gems at Willow Creek Falls'
 
I almost missed this.
I'd hiked Willow Creek Trail's two mile loop back in November, bringing my camera along just in case.
I wasn't expecting to find something like this so had left my tripod in the car (you always need it when you don't take it, right?). Thankfully, the waterfall was only 10 minutes into the hike so I went back for the tripod. In order to capture this angle, I had to cross the creek, scale a large boulder and shimmy down the other side over icy covered rock.
I'm so glad I did! This photo has become one of my favorites. 


'Grand Tetons Dressed in Pink'

 
 This past October, my husband and I spent our 10th Anniversary in the Tetons.
It has been a desire of mine for some time to visit and 
explore this beautiful part of the US.
I wanted to find this particular spot where Ansel Adams created his famous photograph.
(It wasn't hard, there was a large sign at one of the viewing points along the highway.)
I found this location, during the day, a few days prior to taking this picture with plans to come back early morning for good lighting. I was hoping for clear views of the mountain range but was thrilled with the color that came that particular morning. The pink only lasted a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment