Friday, November 18, 2016

Supermoon

There seemed to be much hype about the Supermoon this past week. I wanted to make sure I captured it since we won't be seeing it again until 2034 or so. 

The cloud cover and my schedule weren't completely cooperative but I managed to get in a little shooting. 

Sunday night, which wasn't quite the full moon, I was out and saw it for just a few minutes before it slipped behind the clouds.
 

Monday night, which was the full moon, I set up near my east dam to watch it rise. The wind was perfectly still and the colors as the moon peaked over the horizon were just amazing! 



I love how you can see the stars in this image. 
 


This is the start of the moon set Tuesday morning. I find these soft colors in the western sky at dawn to be so lovely!  



No comments:

Post a Comment